Sunday, January 3, 2016

2015.

One year consists of 12 months/ 365 days/ 8,760 hours/ 525, 600 minutes/ 31, 536, 000 seconds. A year is pretty long if you look at the time. But when it's the last month of the year and you try to recall back what you did over the year, you probably feel like the year past by really quickly or at least that was how I felt. It was the last week of December 2015 when I tried to recall what did I did for this whole year with the help of Instagram and my phone's gallery. Then and there I realize, 2015 really was a not bad year. It was really a roller coaster year as I created a lot of memories and gained a lot of experiences and close friends. This is my 2015: 

1) #eeningtravels 


2015 is by far the year that I travelled the most and this includes both domestically and internationally. The places I went include Seoul, Busan, Bangkok, San Jose, Los Angeles, Chicago, Melaka, Penang, Ipoh, Kuantan, Langkawi and Johor. It is also the first year that I travelled mostly with my friends and this really has helped me improved my holiday planning skills :3

2) Concerts 



I finally managed to catch a BIGBANG concert after being a fan of them for 5 years and they were amazing :) I also managed to catch Taeyang's solo concert at the beginning of the year which was also amazing.

3) Graduated 



In May 2015, I officially graduated from my Bachelor of Mass Communications majoring in both Public Relations and Events Management. I was really happy to have both my family and friends by my side on this very special day. It would have been perfect if my grandmother was there. 

4) First half marathon 


I also finally crossed off half marathon of my bucket's list. I participated in the Penang Bride half marathon with Indie who was at the moment my jogging buddy. We tried training for it the months before the marathon, but I failed to consistently train. Half marathon is by far the furthest distance I have ran and clearly also the most tiring one. I remember I could barely feel my legs after the marathon but it was an amazing experience and glad that I did it with Indie. 

5) Moved to California


Me moving to California is the biggest highlight of the year. For those of you who do not know, I am currently a student in California State University, Northidge, furthering my studies in Masters of Music Industry Administration. The course may sound fancy and all, but basically what I study is the business aspect of the music industry. Moving to the states may sound fancy and glamorous, but it really was not easy at the beginning (for those who have moved to overseas to study, would probably understand what I am saying). But, things are definitely getting better and California is a beautiful place to stay in, especially the weather. 

6) Friends 





As you grow older and move from one point of your life to another, you will realize which friends are worth to keep and which friends aren't. I would admit, I do not have a lot of friend, but I have these people in life and it's enough for me. As cliche as it sounds, when times get tough, they are the people that have been by my side. I am super grateful to have them as my good friends.

7) Diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer 

At the end of 2014, I lost my grandmother to cancer. I was really close to my grandmother because she was practically my second mother. Her passing really affected me. While still trying to get used of not having my grandmother around, I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer, which was at the beginning of 2015. After seeing a couple of doctors, I was told not to worry as Thyroid cancer is very common among women my age and Thyroid cancer has a very high percentage of recovery.

Though I was told not to worry by professional doctors, deep down, I was still scared as hell. I did not know what was going to happen and as a natural pessimistic, I was always predicting the worst case scenario. After going through two surgeries, I am currently Thyroid free. Now, I have to intake thyroxine pills for the rest of my life. Thanks to the support of both my family and friends, I managed to overcome this. Though it was an extremely scary experience, but it has thought it me live my life like there is no tomorrow and it also thought me to appreciate my family and friends more.

8) First tattoo 



I have always wanted to get a tattoo, but never had anything that was significant enough for me to tattoo it on my body. After removing my Thyroid, I have always wanted a tattoo to remind me to live my life to the fullest but never found the right word or statement until I came across this. I really like how the words combine together and how simple it is.

9) Him 



Of all years, I never dreamt or planned to be in a relationship this year, because I was already planning to leave the country at the beginning of the year. If you do not know me well, I really suck in long distance anything and this includes friendship. When I met him at work, I did not even expect that we would even be friends friends. But as all of you know, life always do not go the way you expect it to go. We eventually became close friends and now we are together.

Our relationship definitely has not been easy, and mostly because of the long distance. He really has been there for me ever since I left to the states. Being in a foreign country really hasn't been easy for me, but he made it bearable. Writing this post does not mean that we will be together forever nor does it mean that we do not fight or have bad days. Writing this because I am super thankful to have met him this year. Thanks for the everything and most importantly thanks for loving me <3


Yeoh Eening

No comments:

Post a Comment