Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Giordano's Pizza, Chicago.

Deep dish pizza was one the food that I wanted to try in Chicago and it was the only full meal I had in Chicago because I was only there for 12 hours ish. I did some research and many people recommended Giordano as a go to place for deep dish pizza. Giordano has several branches located around the city. After walking around Chicago for a little while, my friends and I went to the nearest Giordano for our brunch. When we got to the restaurant, we were all really hungry because we did not have breakfast earlier and were were walking quite a bit before that. 


As for starters, we ordered Giordano's Sampler ($12.95). We had a difficult time deciding what to have for appetiser, so we decided why not to try a little bit of everything. The Giordano's sampler contains cheesy garlic bread, deep fried mozzarella, battered mushrooms and toasted ravioli, accompanied by two different dipping sauce, which are marinara and ranch. The thing I found most spectacular about this starter is the marinara sauce. It was made so perfectly balanced as it was not too sweet nor too sour.




We decided to order two different types of pizza and one of them is the famous stuffed deep dish pizza. For this pizza, we settled medium sized (serves 3-4 pax) with fresh spinach stuffings ($23). I have a thing for cheese and spinach because they go so well together. So, I really liked the spinach deep dish pizza. Though the medium is supposed to serve for 3-4 pax, the size is pretty huge and I think it could serve 4-5 pax instead because of the thickness and generous amount of stuffings in one slice.


Based on the waitress recommendation, we also ordered the Chicago Classic thin crust pizza ($19.75). The Chicago Classic contains pepperoni, mushroom, onions and green pepper. We order the small sized for this which supposingly serve 1-2 pax (12 inches). Again, it was much bigger than how many people it was supposed to serve. It could serve about 3-4 pax, I would say. Nevertheless, the pizza was amazing. They gave a generous amount of topping and all the ingredients just blend really well together.

Overall, my experience of Giordano's Pizza was good. When we left the restaurant, the place was extremely packed with locals. So, I'm pretty sure that I'm not exaggerating on how good it is. So if you happen to drop by Chicago, be sure to try out Giordano's Pizza!

Yeoh Eening

No comments:

Post a Comment