Monday, January 18, 2016

Salted Egg Croissant @ Le Bread Days, SS2.

When I moved to California, one of the things I missed most about Malaysia was the food. Don't get me wrong, the food in US is amazing but the food choices in Malaysia is really one of a kind. Though Malaysia is an asian country, the good food available here, aren't just asian cuisines. Thanks to the diversity of our culture, we are exposed to all sorts of good food. 

You've got to admit, as a Malaysian, we love to eat and because of that there's always a food trend going on. If you have not noticed, the current food trend that is going on is the salted egg yolk trend. Personally, I discovered my love for salted egg yolk when I indulged in Jin Xuan Dim Sum's Lau Sar Bao (AKA Golden Custard Bun). Ever since then, I have always to try anything that has Salted Egg in it which was why Le Bread Days' Salted Egg Croissant was on the food list that I wanted try during my winter break. 


I actually came across of Le Bread Days' salted egg croissants because one of my friend shared Rebecca Saw's blog review on Facebook. I've got to admit, the photos of the croissants that she took was what really attracted me. 



As cliche as you might find my review to be but Le Bread Days' salted egg croissant is really damn amazing. If you are wondering whether the salted egg filing tastes similar to Lau Sar Bau's filling, the answer is no. Personally I feel that Lau Sar Bau's filling is tastes saltier and more buttery whereas the salted egg croissant's filling tastes sweeter and creamier. The salted egg filling blends extremely well with the croissant bread. However, I would have preferred the croissant to be serve hot because I got mine room temperature.

The price for one croissant is about RM7+ including GST. For the taste and quality, I say that the price of the croissant is pretty reasonable. Also, you have to bare in mind that salted eggs are really expansive as compared to normal eggs.

I feel really lucky that I was able to try it during my first visit because I have read and heard a lot of reviews and comments from customers that they were not able to try it because it was sold out really fast. Le Bread Days' bake them in two batches everyday, which is at 11.30AM and 3.30PM (this was when I went there the last time). During my visit, I went for the second batch but I arrived at the cafe about 2PM. I chilled there while waited for time to pass. The crowd started coming in as early as 2.45PM and by then the cafe was completely full and people also started lining up in front of the shop. In order to enjoy their delicious salted egg croissants, do go to the shop earlier and bring something to kill time and yes, they have wifi there.

Address: No 68, Jalan SS2/72, Seksyen 19, 46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Phone Number: 603-79320868
Opening Hours: Opens everyday (7.30AM-10PM)
Google Map


Yeoh Eening

No comments:

Post a Comment