Thursday, May 19, 2016

Two Weeks Vegetarian Challenge.

I am finally done with my Spring semester! Currently I am having a short break and my summer term will resume back at the end of May. Two weeks before the Spring semester ended, Ninja asked me whether I was interested in going on a vegetarian challenge thing with her for a week. 

Of course, me being me, I was pretty hesitant at first. Then I thought about it, I did start consuming lesser meat a couple of months ago. I became from a person who eats meat at least two meals a day to just eating meat for one meal per day. I thought to myself, if I could reduce my meat consumption, I could definitely stop eating meat for 7 days. So, I took up the challenge!  


Me being excited to start something new, I immediately went out to buy groceries. Besides fruits and vegetables, I also bought other source of protein like tempeh and eggs. Frankly, the first few days were quite bad. It wasn't that my body needed meat, it was just the thoughts of it. Breakfast wasn't bad because on regular days, I just have a bowl of oatmeal and a toast. 

It's lunch meal that was bad for me, because I usually have meat during that time, and not having it, just makes me feel like I was not satisfied with my lunch. But it got better through the week. However, I started losing my appetite for dinner. Wasn't really sure whether being vegetarian actually makes you lose appetite, or the fact that the thoughts about having vegetables only for a meal, makes me lose my appetite. 


When we reached the seventh day of our challenge, Ninja decided that she wanted to continue, and I voluntarily joined her and we ended up continuing it for another week. So yeah, 14 weeks without meat. It may not sound like a big thing for you, but it really is for me. For 23 years of my life, I don't think I have ever gone a day without a meat because I just love meat that much. That's why I feel so damn proud to have accomplished this challenge.

What makes me even more happier is that, I am actually considering to continue it. I dont know how to describe it specifically, but I really like the feeling I get from it. It's not just the sense of accomplishment but also I also feel pretty damn good about myself overall. So yeah, I'm going to continue it :)

Yeoh Eening

No comments:

Post a Comment