Friday, July 1, 2016

Updates & #1000KM Goal

Today officially marks the half way point of 2016. Time is really one thing that never fail to surprise me every single year. I am still amaze how time passes so fast. Honestly, it really feels like just days ago that I am still back home in Malaysia, whining how it was going to be 11 damn months till I get to be back home, till I get to see my family and friends again, and that was 5 months ago.

Now, 5 months later, I have completed my spring semester and now half through my summer semester. I officially surpassed the half way point of my graduate course last month and in one month time, it would be officially one year since I moved down to LA. It's really crazy how time passes so fast and things changes so fast.

Looking back at my life last year and comparing it to this year, many things have changed. So many things had happened, both bad and good. Quite frankly, the first half of the year this year, was not the best time of my life. It was and is still the first time for me being away from home for a such a long period of time. On top of that, I ended two relationships that were important in my life.

But, it wasn't all that bad. I also gained new close friends, grew closer to my parents, gained new experiences and knowledge and was offered new opportunities. Compared to same time last year, my priorities really have changed and I think I personally also have changed quite a bit. I am confident to say that I have grew stronger physically and mentally and also have learnt to stand on my own two feet again.



Speaking about growing stronger physically, I have decided to change my #500KM goal to #1000 goal, just because of my progress so far:

January 2016: 30.5KM
February 2016: 15.8KM
March 2016: 30.8KM
April 2016: 107KM
May 2016: 107KM
June 2016: 93.3KM
TOTAL SO FAR: 384.4KM
TOTAL KM LEFT: 615.6KM

One of the few things that makes me proud of myself so far, this year. 6 months to go till the year end and 5 months till I am back home. I am really looking forward to see what I will achieve by the end of this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment